Asian Stir-fry Orange Chicken Recipe
Classic Orange Chicken with Gluten Free Spicy Orange Sauce
Crisp fried chicken chunks then stir fry with bell peppers, onions and water chestnuts in Gluten free Spicy Orange Sauce.
4 C. Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127)
3 lb. Chicken breast, or thigh, boneless, skinless, sliced 1”x1”x1/2”, marinated and battered
6 C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354)
1 lb. Red bell peppers, sliced, 1”x1”, (3 C.)
1 lb. Green bell peppers, sliced, 1”x1”, (3 C.)
1 lb. Water chestnuts, sliced, canned, (2 C.)
.5 lb. Onions, sliced, 1”x1”, (2 C.)
6 ea. Dried Cayenne Peppers
3 each Orange, sliced for garnish
- Marinate chicken using Gluten Free Starport 356 Marinade Seasoning, see instructions below.
- Coat chicken evenly with Crispy Seasoning Batter and set aside.
- Just before frying, roll chicken in Crispy Seasoning Batter again to pick up more batter.
- Divide chicken into 2 batches. Deep fry each batch chicken @ 370 F, about 4 minutes. Remove and let oil re-heat to 370 F, then refry chicken another 4 minutes until golden and done. Remove, drain off excess oil and set aside.
- Oil blanch red and green bell peppers and onions in 370F oil for 20 seconds. Remove and drain off excess oil.
- Heat a wok at medium heat, then add oil and dried chili peppers, heat chili until dark brown, remove and discard chili.
- Add in Spicy Orange Sauce (be careful of splattering) and water chestnuts and sauté 20 seconds.
- Add in oil blanched red and green bell peppers, onions and fried chicken. Toss and coat chicken evenly. Remove immediately and plate.
- Garnish with orange slices.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or
Back to Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced chicken, mix 0.4 lb. (⅞ C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356), 1¼ C. water and 1 C. corn oil. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes or more.