Pad Thai Noodles-Thai style Recipe
Pad Thai Noodles with robust Pad Thai Sauce
A hearty meal of rice sticks stir fried with shrimp, onions, Thai basil, bean sprouts in a thick sweet, tangy, spicy peanutty Thai peanut sauce.
3/8 C. Pad Thai Sauce (see mix below)
4 oz. Shrimp, shelled and deveined. (60 counts)
6 oz. Rice noodles, medium wide re-hydrated (2 C.)
1 oz. Red onions, sliced ¼” (¼ C.)
1 oz. Thai basil, sliced ¼”
3 oz. Bean sprouts 2 C.
1 oz. Green onions, 2” bias cut
¼ C. Water
1tsp. Roasted peanut crushed
1 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
.6 oz. Corn oil (2 Tbsp).
Garnish with lime wedge
- Soak rice sticks in warm water about an hour until softened. Rinse and drain then add 1 Tbsp. oil to every 2 lbs. of noodles to prevent clumping, cover and refrigerate.
- Mix Pad Thai Sauce: See instruction below.
- Add 2 Tbsp. oil to hot griddle or wok and sear shrimp for 30 seconds then add onions and sauté another 30 seconds, add rice sticks then 1/2 C. water. Cover and let rice sticks steam 1-2 minutes until noodles become soft and translucent.
- Add Pad Thai Sauce, basil, and ¾ of the bean sprouts (save some for garnish) toss until steaming hot.
- Add green onions (save some for garnish), toss well and remove.
- Garnish with remaining green onions, bean sprouts, crushed peanuts, cilantro and a lime wedge.
How To make Pad Thai Sauce:
Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
This recipe uses medium wide rice sticks. Thinner rice sticks may be used and it requires less cooking time. However, different brands have different cooking time it is best to test the cooking time.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or
Back to Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes