Asian Seafood Stir-fry Recipe
Clams and Mussels with Fermented Black Bean and Garlic Sesame Sauce
Stir fried clams and mussels with an aromatic ferment black beans, jalapeños, dry sherry and garlic sesame sauce.
Ingredients: Single or Tapas Serving
½ C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209)
2 Tbsp. Fermented black beans, dried
6 oz. Mussels (about 4)
10 oz. Clams, Manila
2 Tbsp. Garlic Ginger Infusion (See Recipe)
2 Tbsp. Corn oil (or butter)
½ C. Very Dry Sherry
2 stalks Green onions, bias cut 2”
1 ea. Red jalapeños, thinly sliced
3 oz. Red onions, sliced
Instructions: Cooking Time 5-8 minutes
- Wash and clean mussels and clams, drain and set aside.
- Rinse fermented black beans thoroughly to remove salt, pat dry, and crush the beans slightly with a spoon.
- Slice red onions, and red jalapeños and bias cut green onions 2” long and set aside.
- Heat pan at medium high heat, add oil then fermented black beans and Garlic and Ginger Infusion. Stir for 15 seconds.
- Add red onions and red jalapeños, stir 10 seconds.
- Add wine, clams and mussels, stir well, cover and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add in Garlic Sesame Sauce and sauté until all the clams and mussel are opened, discard any unopened shells.
- Serve with steaming hot rice or garlic bread
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes Or
Back to Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes