Polynesian Crab Rangoon Appetizer Recipe
Spicy Crab Rangoon with Gluten Free Hot and Spicy Seasoning
Crisp fried won ton wrapper stuffed with crab meat, cream cheese, green onions and cilantro and seasoned with a robust Gluten Free Hot and Spicy Seasoning, served with Gluten Free Hawaiian Sweet and Sour dipping sauce.
Ingredients: Foodservice Portion about 7 servings
¼ C. Hot and Spicy Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 209)
1 lb. Cream Cheese
8 oz. Imitation crabmeat or fresh crab meat
2 Tbsp. Cilantro, minced
¼ C. Green onion, fine chopped
1 Tbsp. Water
3 Tbsp. Green onions, chopped
1 lb. Won ton wrappers, medium thickness. (approx. 45 wrappers/lb.)
Serving: 6 pieces with Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 215)
Instructions: Cooking Time 3-4 minutes
- Wash green onions, cilantro, and pat dry.
- Mince imitation crabmeat to about 1/8" pieces. (May also use cooked fresh crab meat, bay shrimp or canned minced clams).
- Mix water and Hot and Spicy Seasoning and mix well with cream cheese. Fold in crab-meat, green onions and cilantro and mix well.
- Crab Rangoon Folding: Moisten wrapper with water around filling. Form the wrapper to create four ‘petals’ of a flower, using the filling as the flower center and seal the moistened wrapper. The seal keeps the filling inside to prevent the cream cheese from leaking out, and the frying oil from getting in.
- Place 1 Tbsp. of filling in the center of wrapper; hold the opposite corners with both index fingers on top of wrapper pointing toward the filling.
- Pull the two corners up and toward the center with the index fingers still in the wrapper and the thumb and middle fingers underneath the wrapper and moving upwards while pressing the index finger gently downward. At the same time, move the thumb and middle fingers of each hand towards each other, meeting at the center, just above the filling. Gently pinch the wrapper and seal the wrapper.
- For immediate use, deep-fry Crab Rangoon at 350 F. 40-50 seconds until golden brown.
- Crab Rangoon may be deep-fried 30 seconds at 320 F. and either refrigerated or frozen for later use.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes Or
Back to Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes