Spicy Szechuan Chow Mein Recipe
Szechuan Shrimp Chow Mein with Spicy Szechuan Sauce
Zesty bold flavor Szechuan Chow Mein with pan fried egg noodles, shrimp, bell peppers, onions and celery in Szechuan sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 2
½ C. Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322)
4 oz. Shrimp, shelled, deveined medium size
1 Tbsp. Garlic Ginger Infusion (see recipe)
8 oz. Egg noodles, pan fried (approx. 4oz. fresh noodles)
¼ each Red onions, sliced ¼”
2 stalks Celery, sliced ¼”
½ each Red bell pepper, sliced ¼”
3 Tbsp. Corn oil
2 sprigs Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Cook egg noodles according to manufacturer’s instructions. Uncooked weight is about half of cooked fresh un-cooked noodles.
- Drain noodles and toss with 1 Tbsp. of oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Heat wok or griddle at medium heat, when hot add 1 Tbsp. oil then spread noodles on and brown noodles 3-5 minutes, turn like cooking pancake.
- Heat pan on high heat, when hot, add oil, onions and celery and sauté about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and bell peppers. Before stirring, sear for about 30 seconds.
- Add pan fried noodles and Spicy Szechuan Saucetoss noodles until steaming hot and serve.
- Use steamed egg noodles (thin noodles) to make Chinese restaurant style pan fried crispy noodles.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot, then add in steamed noodles, stir to loosen noodles about 30 seconds, remove and drain.
- Toss noodles with 1 Tbsp. oil per pound of noodles.
- Heat pan (or griddle), spread noodles and brown noodles like a pancake, flip to brown both sides of noodle cake. Top with stir fried ingredients.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes Or
Back to Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes